Ingredients: 3 Tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil 1 Tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter 2 Medium Yellow Onions (thinly sliced) 2 Red peppers (cut into thin strips) 1 Green pepper (cut into thin strips) 2 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced) Leaves from a few sprigs of fresh …
Ingredients: 3/4 pound (360g) guyere, grated (about 3 cups) 1 cup (90g) grated Parmesan cheese 2/3 cup (160 ml) creme fraiche 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard 2 Large Egg yolks 1/4 Teaspoon grated nutmeg Salt & Pepper 2 Tablespoons (30g) Unsalted butter, at room temperature 8 …
- 1 lb (450g) Russet potatoes
- 1 cup (90g) shredded cheese (like compte or gruyere)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) Creme Fraiche
- 1/4 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 slices of Jambon de Bayonne (substitute Prosciutto), chopped
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) Panko or unseasoned bread crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and cube potatoes. Put in saucepan, covered with salted water. Boil until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain and mash. Add the cheese, butter, creme fraiche, nutmeg and ham.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Put the flour in a second bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third. Shape the potato mixture into small balls, about the size of a walnut (the recipe should yield 10-12 balls). Dust with flour, egg to coat then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Season hot croquette with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons (30g) Salted butter 8 large leeks, light and dark green parts only, trimmed, finely chopped, and well rinsed 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour Pinch of grated nutmeg 1 quart/liter of chicken or vegetable stock 1 …
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) of granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 6 1/2 tablespoons (90g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 to 5 ripe medium pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- Icing sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until light in colour and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Whisk into the eggs mixture, followed by the vanilla & butter. Then fold in the pears and their juices.
- Pour the batter into the prepared, lined pan and bake until golden (and a knife/toothpick comes out clean), about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before unmouliding and removing the parchment paper.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature, sprinkled with icing sugar.