- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) of granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 6 1/2 tablespoons (90g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 to 5 ripe medium pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- Icing sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until light in colour and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Whisk into the eggs mixture, followed by the vanilla & butter. Then fold in the pears and their juices.
- Pour the batter into the prepared, lined pan and bake until golden (and a knife/toothpick comes out clean), about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before unmouliding and removing the parchment paper.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature, sprinkled with icing sugar.