Instructions Half a handful of fresh coriander leaves½ oz. fresh lime juice½ oz. simple syrup½ oz. Scotch bonnet pepper-infused Mount Gay Silver rum1 ½ oz. regular Mount Gay Silver rum2 oz. mango purée1 wedge of lime, to garnish Muddle the coriander with the lime juice, …
Month: May 2019
- 3/4 to 1 cup lukewarm water*
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- *For best results (a smooth, slightly soft dough), use the smaller amount of water in summer (or in a humid environment), the greater amount in winter (or in a dry climate); and something in between the rest of the time.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it’s nearly doubled in bulk.
- Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3″ across. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy.
- Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust.
- Cool the buns on a rack.
- Yield: 8 large buns.