- 2 Tablespoons (30g) Salted butter
- 8 large leeks, light and dark green parts only, trimmed, finely chopped, and well rinsed
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 quart/liter of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- A few chives, finely chopped
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and potatoes, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and nutmeg, stir to incorporate, then add the stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, and season with salt & pepper. Purée the soup (with immersion blender)
- A chives before serving
Serves 4 – 6