Sauteed Baby Bok Choy
This is a quick, simple, amazing side dish. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like by altering the amount of chilli flakes. I usually put way more than what’s below.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or groundnut oil
- 2 cloves, garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 200g baby bok choy, washed and large ones halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Start with a light drizzle of vegetable oil in a large pan/wok. Add the garlic and fry until it turns golden at the sides. Tip in the bok choy stems and stir fry for a minute. Season with the oyster sauce and black pepper, a dash of sesame oil and the chilli flakes. Stir frequently and as soon as the leaves have wilted, transfer to warm plates.