- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 medium garlic clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 large carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 medium shallot, halved and thinly sliced
In a blender, puree the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, chilies, thyme and salt until smooth. About 30 seconds.
Transfer to a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrot & shallot. Toss well. Cover an refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.